Technical Purchasing Officer / Administrator
We are pleased to inform that we have an open vacancy within the Technical Purchasing Department for a Purchasing Officer/Administrator. A great opportunity to join a formidable team and work with a company which really invests in the work force with optimal prospects to improve their careers within Medavia.
Reporting to the Technical Purchasing and logistics Manager, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the:
- Receiving of requisitions from Internal and External Customers;
- Obtaining quotations from Vendors;
- Procurement of aviation parts and materials;
- Handling repairs of both Medavia and customer rotables components, including pre-booking of allocation slots, pre-alerts, monitoring of progress during repair/refurbishment, pricing assessment, and return of component to Medavia facility;
- Monitoring the logistics of parts, services and special requirements;
- Preparation of spread sheets to monitor projects;
- Corresponding with internal/external clients/vendors to ensure correct processing of purchasing procedures;
- Checking and processing of invoices for payment including pre-payments and account payments;
- Preparation of prepayment documents;
- Issuing of quotations to customers and follow-up;
- Ensuring that when AOG/Urgent shipments are being handled, freight and airline representatives are kept in close communication to ensure goods travel as booked;
- Understand parts market pricing to support the department when selling surplus parts;
- Overseeing of Packaging of items being sent out for repair, this will necessitate compliance with Dangerous Goods Regulations;
- General filing and office duties;
- Preparing monthly reports as and when directed by the technical purchasing manager.
Applicants, are expected to have a good level of education, speak/write fluent English as well as be able to use company standard office applications. Good, effective interpersonal and communication skills, be proactive, flexible and the ability to work under pressure are a must.
Previous experience in a Purchasing/Logistics environment, ideally in the Aviation field, is an asset, however, if experience has not been gained elsewhere, will are ready to invest in training to the chosen candidates as necessary.