Production Planning Assistant
Reporting to the Planning and Engineering Manager, the Production Planning Assistant supports the Planner and respective project Team Leader during all phases of an aircraft base maintenance input check.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receives customer scope of work and assists the Production Planner while converting received documents into Medavia PART-145 work package.
- Prepares and updates the maintenance task summary sheet and maintenance work cards.
- Assists during raising and closing of defect work cards.
- Checks and confirms that maintenance work cards are appropriately filled in, and finally collects work package documents ensuring compliance to aviation industry standards and to Medavia PART-145 procedures.
- Scans, archives, and sends maintenance work package documents to customers at the end of a project.
- Assists the Technical Librarian during day to day running of the Technical Library.
- Carries out other duties and functions commensurate to the role.
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Preferably having held a similar position in the past.
- Familiar with aircraft base maintenance environment processes and procedures and familiar with aviation industry (PART-145) procedures and standards.
- Conversant with aircraft maintenance publications and other maintenance data documents such as CMMs, ADs, SBs, SLs.
- A-level standard of education, preferably in Maths or Physics.
• Has excellent coordinating and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented with good time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Has computer skills – i.e., is computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, preferably in possession of an ECDL certificate.
- Is fluent in both spoken and written English and Maltese.
- Passionate towards working in the aircraft maintenance industry.