Reporting to the Stores Supervisor, the Storekeeper will be assisting with the day to day running of the Medavia Technics stores, delivering a secure, efficient and reliable service to colleagues and external customers.
As Storekeeper you will ensure that aircraft parts are stored, packed, handled and located correctly, operating to a high standard in relation to aircraft safety. In addition, you will maintain accurate records of all transactions (manual and computerised), including parts inventory, transportation of parts, repair requisitions, delivery notes, airway bills, purchase orders and export documentation. You will also prepare and co-ordinate the despatch of components, as well as learn and have full knowledge of the handling, packing and storage of dangerous and hazardous goods.
- Receiving, loading, unloading, unpacking and checking quantity of goods;
- Prepare component orders for internal and external clients;
- Integrate all inputs, goods outputs, and the correct use of processes and standards via the IT management system;
- Support the stocking of maintenance parts and tooling;
- Packaging and dispatch of unserviceable parts to external companies for repair;
- Preparation of spare parts, tools and material preloads;
- Storage of components and goods delivered with care, packing and storage in accordance with manufacturer specification;
- Ensure that work is performed in compliance with TM CAD regulations and all other applicable standards in accordance with industrial safety regulations and company regulations (MOE-CAME);
- Inspect delivered components and goods, in regard to the related documents, and its packing;
- Monitor shelf life condition;
- Transfer approved components to bonded storage locations;
- Transfer unapproved components to the quarantine area;
- Ensure that unserviceable components which are removed from the aircraft are clearly separated from serviceable ones and the removal reason is clearly stated;
- Packing and shipping components in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements to third parties and line stations;
- Report to his superior any safety and / or quality related issues;
- Support the store supervisor in his function.
Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in Logistics or similar;
- Autonomous, rigorous, and proactive;
- Good ICT and administrative management skills;
- Team work;
- Good English knowledge;
- Driver’s license and Forklift driver license.