We are pleased to inform that a vacancy has arisen within the Technical Purchasing Department for a Purchasing Officer. Reporting to the Technical Purchasing Manager, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the:
- Receiving of requisitions from Internal and External Customers;
- Obtaining quotations from Vendors;
- Procurement of local purchases and services;
- Procurement of aviation material;
- Handling repairs of both Medavia and Customer rotable components, including pre-booking of allocation slots, pre-alerts, monitoring of progress during repair/refurbishment, pricing research and return of component to Medavia facility;
- Monitoring the logistics of parts, services and special requirements;
- General filing and office duties;
- Preparation of spread sheets to monitor projects;
- Corresponding with internal/external clients/vendors to ensure correct processing of purchasing procedures;
- Checking and processing of invoices for payment including pre-payments and account payments;
- Preparation of prepayment documents;
- Issuing of quotations to customers and follow-up
- Ensuring that when AOG/Urgent shipments are being handled, freight and airline representatives are kept in close communication to ensure goods travel as booked.
- Overseeing of Packaging of items being sent out for repair, this will necessitate compliance with Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Preparing various monthly reports as and when directed by the purchasing manager.
Applicants, are expected to have a good level of education, speak/write fluent English as well as be able to use Company standard office applications. Good and effective interpersonal and communication skills, pro-activeness, and ablity to work under pressure are a must.
Previous experience in a Purchasing environment, ideally in the Aviation field, is an asset. Training will be given to the chosen candidates as necessary.